It would seem that even though this is my second baby the advice still comes in thick and fast.
It is however 2nd baby and that means I’ve done this before and whilst there are things that I’m doing exactly the same (like absolutely NO alcohol and sushi, oysters) there are things that I have totally relaxed on.
I have a friend who gets mightily upset when she gets advice I however find it rather amusing and am reminded of the the Baz Lurhmann song “Everybody’s free”:Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who
supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the
ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth”
SO in no particular order, here is the advice I’ve recieved:
1. Don’t eat Apples in fact don’t eat fruit!!! You WILL BALLOON.
2. Don’t eat NUTS. You will give your baby allergies!
3. Don’t eat Yoghurt, it will harm your baby
4. Don’t eat too many oranges your baby will be born with Jaundice
and then my favourite from yesterday…..
5. Don’t burn any essential oils you WILL GO INTO LABOUR
I’m not even halfway so I reckon there will be a lot more added to the list, so watch this space. 🙂