Today my baby turns 1. ONE, how the hell did that just happen?
As I look back on the year and can only but exclaim EISH!
It has been the hardest year of my life! It has been the most incredible leveller, where I have realised that this little ‘A’ type is no longer in control.
- It has been a sleep deprived whirlwind!
- I’ve lost hours of sleep
- I’ve self-doubted myself
- I worried about whether he’d crawl
- If his poop was the right colour
- Is he is eating enough
- I cried buckets of tears
But in return I look back at what I’ve gained……
- I was the first one to see him smile
- I was the first one to experience him eat his first solids
- I watched him roll over for the first time
- I heard him giggle, that I could but only join in
- I saw him sit on his own for the first time
- I saw him crawl
- I heard him say Dad-dee and saw Daddy Abs melt into a puddle
- I’ve watched him look at the birds and point at the sky in amazement.
- I watch on as he looks as everything with such awe and sees the beauty in everything
- I watched as he figured out how to work a toy, learn where its buttons are.
And that’s just in the first year.
It’s been the both the hardest and best year of my life.
I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. He is truly the best thing I have EVER done in my life and I’ve loved this rollercoaster ride called motherhood, it is truly the most awesome God given blessing.